Have you heard of Crumbl Cookies? Whew, are they good! The challenge for many of us though is that we can't enjoy them as we would love to, because of our food sensitivities or allergies. Enter this fresh recipe - our take on the beloved Key Lime Crumbl Cookie - but ours is free of grains, nuts, eggs, dairy and more. We are digging it and thought you would too. So here's the recipe!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
For the cookies:
1 eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Sugar Cookie Mix pouch
1/4 cup Oil
6 TBSP Maple Syrup
2.5 TBSP Water
For the frosting:
1 cup Palm Shortening
1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
1/4-1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1.5 tsp Lime Juice
1 tsp Lime Zest
1 pinch of Salt
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) In a medium bowl, make your cookie mix as directed on back of eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Sugar Cookie pouch
3) Place dough on parchment-lined cookie sheet, flattening out dough balls to be about 2.5 inch wide circles, about .5 inches thick.
4) Bake 10-12 minutes.
5) While cookies bake, make your frosting. With hand or electric mixer, whip the palm shortening until creamy.
6) Slowly add the tapioca starch, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, lime juice and zest. Adjust to taste if desired.
7) Remove cookies from oven and allow to completely cool (this is important!)
8) Once cooled, add frosting atop each cookie, adding a pinch of lime zest as garnish.
10) Refrigerate leftovers for freshness