This delectable Fruit Pizza dessert is the perfect addition for your Spring & Summer Cook-outs and Holiday celebrations!
This recipe starts with a unique twist—a carob crust, using our Caro'Bout Fudge Cookie Mix. You can alternatively use our Sugar Cookie or Oatmeal Schmoatmeal Cookie Mixes as well!
But, back to carob! Carob is a natural substitute for cocoa powder, which adds a rich and slightly sweet flavor to the crust. Carob is also an excellent choice for those who are avoiding chocolate or are sensitive to caffeine. So its a great way to get a chocolately fix, without the chocolate!
This recipe is super easy to make and is fun ffor kids too! Mix up the cookie crust, bake and allow to cool. Once the crust has cooled, it's time to add the frosting and the fruit toppings. Assemble, refrigerate and enjoy!We have the best time creating these artful fruit pizzas - especially with our kids. And you can color coordinate with different fruits for different holidays. You can sprinkle some shredded coconut or drizzle a little honey on top for an extra touch of sweetness, if desired. One tip: For freshest results, we recommend making the frosting the day the fruit pizza will be enjoyed. Be sure to place your fruit pizza in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours, allowing the flavors to meld together. Once it has cooled and set, slice it into pizza-like wedges and serve!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED for the cookie crust:
- 6 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2.5 TBSP Water
WHAT YOU WILL NEED for the frosting:
- 1 cup Palm Shortening
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Caro'Bout Fudge Cookie Mix with Maple Syrup, Oil and Water.
3. Press cookie dough into large pie or tart pan (or 4 smaller ones), ensuring to form the edge as well. Then poke with fork for baking.
4. Bake 12-14 mins, then remove from oven and allow to cool, gently pressing crust back into pan (it will have risen a good bit!)
5. While crust bakes, make your frosting. Using an electric mixer, whip up the palm shortening until creamy.
6. Add the tapioca starch, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and pinch of salt. Mix with electric mixer until combined.
7. Once crust is fully cool, spread the frosting into the crust, ensuring a smooth top.
8. Decorate your fruit pizza with fruit toppings of choice. We love berries, kiwi and bananas.
9. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, then slice and enjoy!
This dairy-free, gluten-free fruit pizza, made with a carob crust, is not only a delightfully fresh and vibrant dessert but also accommodates dietary restrictions, making it a wonderful treat for those with gluten, dairy, and nut sensitivities. Enjoy each delicious bite while savoring the combination of sweet berries, tangy kiwi, and the unique taste of carob!
Check out all of our Cookie Mix options HERE!