Okay, so we are guessing we aren't the only ones who love (or have loved) the beloved Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Kind Bar. Its salty, sweety, chewy. Divine! The only challenge is that for those of us on restrictive diets, its a far reach from compliance. Between the nuts, the sugars and the caffeine, it can be challenging to enjoy if you have food sensitivities or allergies, or if you are on an elimination diet just for a time!
Enter our "Kind Bar" Re-Creation! It has all the yum, without the yuck. And they are easier than you'd think!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 pouch eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Oatmeal Schmoatmeal Cookie Mix
- 1 9x9 inch baking pan or silicone granola baking mold
- Cookie Mix Add-ins: 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, 6 TBSP Maple Syrup, 2 TBSP Water
- 1/4 cup of each of the toppings you desire (we recommend selecting 2-3: Coconut Flakes, Raisins, Craisins, Carob Chips or the like!)
- Carob Syrup Ingredients: 3 TBSP Carob Powder, 2 TBSP Maple Syrup, 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In small bowl, make your Carob Syrup by combining Carob Powder, Maple Syrup and Coconut oil. Adjust for sweet/salty to taste!
3. Pour thin layer of Carob Syrup into each granola bar well, or pour to spread evenly in your 9x9 pan. Place in freezer to harden (15-20 mins).
4. While the bottom layer freezes, mix up your Oatmeal Schmoatmeal Cookie Mix as directed on back of pouch.
5. Once Carob Syrup is hardened, remove from freezer and press cookie dough into pan or wells, 1/2 inch thickness. Then add your toppings atop the cookie dough.
6. Bake in oven for 10-12 mins.
7. Remove from heat and place back in freezer to harden once again.
8. Slice into desired bars or remove from granola bar wells. Drizzle with Carob Syrup.
9. Store in fridge or freezer. ENJOY!