This Crispy Air Fryer Chicken recipe comes from Dr. Amy Myers. Its amazing and it goes perfectly with our Pancake & Waffle Mix for some delish Fried Chicken n' Waffles!
- 6 chicken breast approximately 1 1/2 lbs, boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cups Tigernut flour
- 1/4 cups arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cups coconut milk from a can or carton
- extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray
- Slice each chicken breast in half so you have 2 pieces from each breast. Dry each chicken breast with a paper towel. This helps the chicken get crispy. Set aside.
- Pour coconut milk into a shallow, wide bowl. Set to the side.
- Stir together tigernut flour, arrowroot starch, and salt in a large bowl.
- One at a time, coat chicken breasts in the coconut milk then dredge in flour mixture. Place on a baking sheet to keep chicken breasts from overlapping, so the coating stays clean on each. After you’ve coated each chicken breast, go back and dip each breast in the flour mixture one more time.
- Working in batches if needed, place chicken breasts in the air fryer basket in a single layer, and cook at 375°F for 10 minutes. Flip chicken, and then cook for another 5 minutes, until coating is golden and chicken is cooked through. Internal temperature should reach at least 165°.