Allergy-Friendly / AIP Peach Cobbler
For the peach “filling”:
9 medium peaches, peeled
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar of your choice)
2-3 T. tapioca flour
juice of one lemon
For the crumble:
1 eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Sugar Cookie or Oatmeal Schmoatmeal Cookie mix
1/3 c. melted coconut oil
3 T. water
7 T. maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Blanch the peaches. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and while you’re waiting, prepare a large bowl with ice water. Place all peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds, remove promptly, and transfer directly to the ice bath. Give the peaches a minute, pull them out of the ice bath, and then the peelings should come right off with very little effort. Place peeled peaches on a cutting board, and slice.
3. In an 8x8 glass dish, scatter the sliced peaches. Sprinkle with the coconut sugar and toss gently. Repeat with the tapioca flour and lemon juice, and set aside. If mixture looks like it has an excessive amount of liquid, you may drain a bit of it.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together cookie mix, coconut oil, water and maple syrup until smooth and well combined. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on top of the peach mixture until desired coverage is reached.
5. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and the peach mixture is bubbling.