Fried Chicken N' Waffle Sandwich
For the Waffles:
Prepare eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Pancake & Waffle Mix as directed on back of pouch.
For the Chicken:
- 1 lb Chicken Tenders or Strips
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Avocado Oil
- 14 oz bag of Plantain Chips
- 2 TBSP Tiger Nut flour
- Spices: 1 tsp dried Parsley, 2 tsp Garlic Powder, 2 tsp Onion Powder, 1/4 tsp Salt
For the toppings
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 leaves kale
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup coconut cream based dressing of choice
1. Preheat oven or air fryer to 400F.
2. Prepare waffle mix as directed on package, pour batter into waffle maker, and set prepared waffles aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together coconut milk and ACV. Set aside.
4. In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, pulse together the plantain chips, tiger nut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley and salt until chips are finely ground. Set aside.
5. Pat the chicken strips with a paper towel until dry. Dip each strip first in the coconut milk mixture and then in the dry mixture. Make sure each strip is coated well.
6. If using oven, prepare a baking sheet with either parchment paper or cooking spray, and place chicken strips on the prepared tray. If using air fryer, place chicken strips in the air fryer that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Lightly spray the chicken strips with cooking spray, and bake for 10 minutes. Gently turn the strips over, spray lightly, and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
7. Top your eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. waffles with the chicken and veggie toppings and dress with maple syrup or your favorite AIP coconut cream based sauce!