AIP Layers of LOVE Cake
The decadent, rich cake created by our beloved AIP cake mix, Dark Choconot Fudge, is deliciously spongey, creating the perfect pairing to the silky-smooth sweet frosting. Spread the love and indulge in this scrumptious treat today! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Yield: 2 cakes
For the cake
- 1 bag of Eat G.A.N.S.T.E.R. Dark Choconot Fudge
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil + 1 tbsp coconut oil for greasing tray
- ¾ cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the frosting
- 1 cup palm oil shortening
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
For the toppings
- 6 small strawberries
- 3 sprigs mint, fresh
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and use 1 tbsp coconut oil to grease a 12x8 baking tray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, melted coconut oil, water, and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined. Add in the apple cider vinegar and whisk again until incorporated.
3. Transfer batter to the baking tray and use a spatula to smooth out. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
4. While the cake is baking, combine the ingredients for the frosting in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth then set aside for assembly.
5. Slice the strawberries in half. Take three of the halves and cut a V-shape in the top of the strawberry to create a heart. Set aside for assembly.
6. Once the cake is finished baking, let it cool. Once cool to touch, prepare a sheet of parchment paper and flip tray upside-down onto the parchment paper to release. Using a 4” diameter cookie cutter, cut out six circles.
7. To assemble, place down a layer of cake and spread on 2 tbsp of frosting. Repeat again and finish with a third layer of cake. Top with a dollop of frosting, a sprig of fresh mint, and a strawberry heart. Serve with two strawberry halves on the side. Enjoy!