AIP Layers of LOVE Cake
The decadent, rich cake created by our beloved AIP cake mix, Dark Choconot Fudge, is deliciously spongey, creating the perfect pairing to the silky-smooth sweet frosting. Spread the love and indulge in this scrumptious treat today! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Yield: 2 cakes
For the cake
- 1 bag of Eat G.A.N.S.T.E.R. Dark Choconot Fudge
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil + 1 tbsp coconut oil for greasing tray
- ¾ cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the frosting
- 1 cup palm oil shortening
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
For the toppings
- 6 small strawberries
- 3 sprigs mint, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and use 1 tbsp coconut oil to grease a 12x8 baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, melted coconut oil, water, and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined. Add in the apple cider vinegar and whisk again until incorporated.
- Transfer batter to the baking tray and use a spatula to smooth out. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- While the cake is baking, combine the ingredients for the frosting in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth then set aside for assembly.
- Slice the strawberries in half. Take three of the halves and cut a V-shape in the top of the strawberry to create a heart. Set aside for assembly.
- Once the cake is finished baking, let it cool. Once cool to touch, prepare a sheet of parchment paper and flip tray upside-down onto the parchment paper to release. Using a 4” diameter cookie cutter, cut out six circles.
- To assemble, place down a layer of cake and spread on 2 tbsp of frosting. Repeat again and finish with a third layer of cake. Top with a dollop of frosting, a sprig of fresh mint, and a strawberry heart. Serve with two strawberry halves on the side. Enjoy!