WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 Pumpkin or Banana Loaf, sliced and cut into cubes (4 cups of ¼ inch cubes)
- 1 small apple, peeled, seeded, and diced small
- 1 tbsp. raisins, chopped dates, or dried cranberries (or mini chocolate chips if you aren't following strict-phase AIP)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 4 large dates, seeded and chopped (about ¼ cup)
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp. gelatin
- 3 tbsp. water
- Bake your eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Pumpkin or Banana Bread early in the day or the day before, following the directions on the pouch. Allow it to cool completely before cutting into cubes.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Add the coconut milk, honey or maple syrup, chopped dates, and pinch of salt to a sauce pan. Bring to a gentle simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Blend to incorporate dates.
- Place cubed bread, diced apple, and dried fruit in the baking dish. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp. of gelatin in 3 tbsp. water in a small bowl. Microwave it for 30 seconds and stir. It should be slightly frothy. Add the gelatin mixture to the blender with the coconut milk mixture and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture over the cubed bread mixture in the baking dish. Place in the preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on counter for 30 minutes or more to allow to set. Serve with whipped coconut topping or vanilla ice cream of your choice (we love Fronen brand!) and a pinch of cinnamon!