WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 pouch of eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Cinnawin Spice cake mix (ingredients as instructed on back of pouch)
- 5-8 pineapple rings
- all-natural maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1-2 TBSP coconut sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) In a non-stick pan, on low heat, saute melted coconut oil (or butter) and coconut sugar. Mix until melted and combined.
3) Pour mixture into bottom of an 8-inch round cake pan, ensuring the mixture covers the entire bottom of the pan. With a pastry brush, brush a little of the mixture to cover the sides of the pan.
4) Place pineapple rings on the bottom of the cake pan, on top of the coconut oil mixture, and place a cherry in the center of each ring. Set aside.
5) Mix together the Cinnawin Spice Cake Mix, as directed on back of pouch. Pour batter on top of the pineapples, smoothing out the top.
6) Place in the oven for 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7) Set the cake out to cool for about 10 minutes. While it's still warm, gently loosen the sides of the cake from the pan with a knife, then place a cake stand base or flat plate on top of the cake pan. Using one hand to hold the base and the other hand to hold the cake pan, flip it over so that the base is on the bottom and the cake is on top of the base. Gently remove the cake pan so that the cake slides out onto the base.
8) Enjoy warm or store in fridge for freshness!