Attention Chocolate lovers! If you are skipping chocolate but totally dig it, here's a chance to dig in to something oh so, choco-naughty, using carob instead! This German "Chocolate" Cake is full of layers of deliciousness, and at the same time is totally chocolate-free, AIP compliant and allergy-friendly (note: there is coconut in this recipe!).
YOU WILL NEED:
2 eat GANGSTER Dark Choconot Fudge Cake Mixes
2-3 eat GANGSTER Salted Choconot Frosting Mixes
12 TBSP Coconut Oil (split across 2 cakes)
2/3 cup Maple Syrup (split across 2 cakes)
4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (split across 2 cakes)
1 1/2 cups Water (split across 2 cakes)
1/3-1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
1 1/2 cups Palm Shortening, Unsalted Ghee or Unsalted Butter
1. Mix and bake the 2 cakes as directed on the back of the eat GANGSTER Dark Choconot Fudge Cake & Muffin Mix pouch. Bake in a 8-9 inch round cake pan for results as shown. Allow both cakes to cool.
2. While cakes cool, make your frosting. Mix 2-3 eat GANGSTER Salted Choconot Frosting Mix as directed on the back of the pouch.
3. Stir in 1/3 cup of Shredded Coconut into the Salted Choconot Frosting. If you tolerate nuts, feel free to add chopped pecans (which are in traditional German Chocolate cakes!).
4. On a plate or cake stand, layer your cakes as shown, "sandwiching" a layer of frosting in between each cake layer.
5. Frost the outside of cake if desired and sprinkle with shredded coconut to beautify. ENJOY!