Dessert trifles are heavenly concoctions of layered delight. These sweet treats traditionally consist of three layers: cake, custard or pudding, and a luscious topping like whipped cream or fruit. The magic lies in the combination of textures and flavors as each spoonful unveils a symphony of taste.Trifles offer endless creative possibilities. You can customize them with your favorite cake flavors, fruit and creaminess. The result is a visually stunning dessert that's as much a feast for the eyes as it is for the taste buds. Whether served in individual glasses or a grand trifle dish, these desserts are an irresistible indulgence for any occasion.
At eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R., we find several of our baking mixes make for the perfect cake layer in a trifle. Between our Dark Choconot Cake Mix, Banana Bread Mix, Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix and Cinnawin Spice Cake Mixes, the flavor options are endless. Mint, Caramel, Banana, Pumpkin, Apple, Peach...you name it!
For this Apple Cinnawin Trifle, we used our famed Cinnawin Spice Cake Mix and are totally digging it. We made as 6 individual servings, but this could easily be made into a larger trifle for family gatherings or parties!
For the cake layer:
- 6 TBSP Oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
For the apple layer:
- 2-3 peeled and chopped Apples
-2-3 tsp Cinnamon
-1/4 cup oil
- 1-2 tsp salt
For the creamy layer:
- Coconut Cream
For the caramel:
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
1. Bake the cake as directed on back of pouch. While cooling, prepare your other layers.
2) In medium saucepan mix together coconut cream, coconut sugar and salt. Bring to a simmer, allowing all sugar to dissolve. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
3) In a separate saucepan, combine your apples, oil, cinnamon and salt and sautee until apples are soft. Allow to cool.
4) Open can of Coconut Cream. Separate the thick layer at top to use in your trifle. Save the remaining liquid for future use in smoothies, tea or popsicles!
5) Cut your cake into small cubes for layering.
6) In dish or cup of choice (clear is best so you can see those pretty layers!), place one layer of cake, then apple mixture, then coconut cream. Then repeat until desired number of layers is achieved.
7) Pour the caramel sauce over top of the trifle, ensuring it spreads throughout the layers. Repeat for each dish or cup you are creating.
SPOON & ENJOY!
Grab your Cinnawin Spice Cake & Muffin Mix HERE!